Home Secy visiting Dehradun almost every day for rescue ops
New Delhi: Union Home Secretary RK Singh visited Dehradun almost everyday in recent time to take stock of the relief and rescue operations in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
It has been a routine for Singh, who is constantly monitoring the rescue efforts in
Uttarakhand, to travel to Dehradun early morning everyday, meet officials of the state government, ITBP and NDRF, review the situation and give necessary instructions wherever necessary and return to Delhi.
"He goes early in the morning in a special flight, stays there for 3-4 hours and returns by noon to resume his day`s works," said a source.
Singh, who demits office on Sunday, has been in his office till late in the evening ever since the natural disaster hit Uttarakhand, coordinating with state governments officers besides updating the Prime Minister`s Office and Cabinet Secretariat about the operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!