Home Secy visiting Dehradun almost every day for rescue ops
New Delhi: Union Home Secretary RK Singh visited Dehradun almost everyday in recent time to take stock of the relief and rescue operations in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
It has been a routine for Singh, who is constantly monitoring the rescue efforts in
Uttarakhand, to travel to Dehradun early morning everyday, meet officials of the state government, ITBP and NDRF, review the situation and give necessary instructions wherever necessary and return to Delhi.
"He goes early in the morning in a special flight, stays there for 3-4 hours and returns by noon to resume his day`s works," said a source.
Singh, who demits office on Sunday, has been in his office till late in the evening ever since the natural disaster hit Uttarakhand, coordinating with state governments officers besides updating the Prime Minister`s Office and Cabinet Secretariat about the operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick