Hridayesh to take important decisions in Rawat`s absence
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, undergoing treatment at AIIMS for a neck injury, today authorised his seniormost Cabinet colleague Indira Hridayesh to take important administrative decisions in his absence.
Hridayesh has been authorised by the Chief Minister to take important decisions after holding consultations while he is away, Rawat`s media in-charge Surendra Kumar told reporters here.
This has been done for the sake of administrative convenience so that important decisions are not held up in the Chief Minister`s absence, he said.
All matters in which inter-ministerial advice and parleys are required will be disposed of by Hridayesh through proper consultations with her ministerial colleagues and the Chief Secretary, Kumar said.
The seniormost member in Rawat`s Cabinet, Hridayesh holds a number of portfolios including Finance and Parliamentary Affairs.
Rawat had suffered a neck injury during a rough chopper ride to Delhi over a week ago.
The aircraft had run into clouds and the Chief Minister, who had not fastened his seat belt properly, had hit its ceiling hurting himself in the neck.
He is recuperating at AIIMS since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport