Hridayesh to take important decisions in Rawat`s absence
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, undergoing treatment at AIIMS for a neck injury, today authorised his seniormost Cabinet colleague Indira Hridayesh to take important administrative decisions in his absence.
Hridayesh has been authorised by the Chief Minister to take important decisions after holding consultations while he is away, Rawat`s media in-charge Surendra Kumar told reporters here.
This has been done for the sake of administrative convenience so that important decisions are not held up in the Chief Minister`s absence, he said.
All matters in which inter-ministerial advice and parleys are required will be disposed of by Hridayesh through proper consultations with her ministerial colleagues and the Chief Secretary, Kumar said.
The seniormost member in Rawat`s Cabinet, Hridayesh holds a number of portfolios including Finance and Parliamentary Affairs.
Rawat had suffered a neck injury during a rough chopper ride to Delhi over a week ago.
The aircraft had run into clouds and the Chief Minister, who had not fastened his seat belt properly, had hit its ceiling hurting himself in the neck.
He is recuperating at AIIMS since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark