I have not demanded RS seat for my wife: Rawat
Dehra Dun: Amid reports that rebels were
demanding two posts of the Deputy Chief Minister, sulking
Union Minister Harish Rawat in Saturday said he had not demanded any
Rajya Sabha seat for his wife during talks with Congress chief
"All the reports that I have demanded a Rajya Sabha seat
for my wife or any post for my family members are wrong," he
said in a statement, issued by Uttarakhand Congress spokesman
Surendra Kumar, here.
"Such rumours are being spread under a conspiracy by
some (mafia elements] for their vested interests," he said.
On his meeting with Gandhi, Rawat said it was his
responsibility to convey sentiments of the Congress workers to
He said he had also conveyed the "pain of the party
workers to Gandhi" and that his talks with her was merely a
request by a party worker to his leader.
"During the talks, there was no mention of any demand
like Rajya Sabha seat for my wife," Rawat said.
However, Congress sources said Rawat has demanded two
Deputy CM posts for his supporters in the Vijay Bahuguna-led
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?