I have not demanded RS seat for my wife: Rawat
Dehra Dun: Amid reports that rebels were
demanding two posts of the Deputy Chief Minister, sulking
Union Minister Harish Rawat in Saturday said he had not demanded any
Rajya Sabha seat for his wife during talks with Congress chief
"All the reports that I have demanded a Rajya Sabha seat
for my wife or any post for my family members are wrong," he
said in a statement, issued by Uttarakhand Congress spokesman
Surendra Kumar, here.
"Such rumours are being spread under a conspiracy by
some (mafia elements] for their vested interests," he said.
On his meeting with Gandhi, Rawat said it was his
responsibility to convey sentiments of the Congress workers to
He said he had also conveyed the "pain of the party
workers to Gandhi" and that his talks with her was merely a
request by a party worker to his leader.
"During the talks, there was no mention of any demand
like Rajya Sabha seat for my wife," Rawat said.
However, Congress sources said Rawat has demanded two
Deputy CM posts for his supporters in the Vijay Bahuguna-led
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune