Iceland Prez showers praise on Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Iceland President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson today showered praise on Uttarakhand, saying the state is endowed with great natural beauty and has tremendous scope for power generation and tourism.
Currently on a three-day visit to the hill state, Grimsson met Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and expressed his desire to come again to Uttarakhand and explore the possibilities of collaborations between Iceland and the state in hydropower and tourism sectors.
Grimsson said that scientific and other institutions located in the Himalayan region should develop coordination among themselves.
Both the leaders agreed that Iceland and Uttarakhand could work together in the field of hydropower and alternative energy.
Bahuguna said developed nations could contribute more towards environment conservation.
He also informed the Iceland president of the steps taken by the state government to produce power from pine needles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?