Iceland Prez showers praise on Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Iceland President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson today showered praise on Uttarakhand, saying the state is endowed with great natural beauty and has tremendous scope for power generation and tourism.
Currently on a three-day visit to the hill state, Grimsson met Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and expressed his desire to come again to Uttarakhand and explore the possibilities of collaborations between Iceland and the state in hydropower and tourism sectors.
Grimsson said that scientific and other institutions located in the Himalayan region should develop coordination among themselves.
Both the leaders agreed that Iceland and Uttarakhand could work together in the field of hydropower and alternative energy.
Bahuguna said developed nations could contribute more towards environment conservation.
He also informed the Iceland president of the steps taken by the state government to produce power from pine needles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?