IIT Roorkee student commits suicide
Dehradun: An IIT Roorkee student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan inside his room in the hostel premises at Roorkee in Haridwar, police said on Thursday.
25-year-old Udai Tanajirao Biradare, a second year M.Tech student at IIT Roorkee was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his hostel room yesterday, Circle officer Renu Loheni said.
Biradare hailed from Latur in Maharashtra, she said.
Police have recovered a suicide note from the spot which says the victim was taking the extreme step as he had let down his parents who had expected him to become a doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini