I`ll win trust vote: Bahuguna
Dehra Dun: Amid revolt by a section of his
party Congress against him, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay
Bahuguna on Wednesday said he would win a trust vote and his
government would complete its five-year term.
However, Bahuguna did not give any time frame for seeking
the trust vote.
Official sources said the government has convened the
session of the assembly by the last week of this month during
which he would seek the trust vote and also pass the vote on
account on March 29.
"We have a majority in the House. All the 39 MLAs have
given letter of support to the Governor. We will comfortably
win the trust vote and provide a strong and effective
government", Bahuguna told reporters here.
He said his priority would be to fulfill the promises
made by Congress in its election manifesto and give impetus to
Meanwhile, Shailendra Mohan Singhal, an MLA from Jaspur
constituency, will be sworn-in as Pro-tem Speaker tomorrow.
He would later administer oath to the newly-elected MLAs
in the state assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players