Incessant rains continue to pound Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Rain fury Tuesday continued in Uttarakhand where a five-year-old boy was swept away by a seasonal stream in Uttarkashi district following heavy rains.
The incident occurred at 7: 30 am when the boy Rajesh Nautiyal was on his way to school, Uttarakashi DM Pankaj Pandey said.
The five-year-old was crossing a makeshift log bridge over a seasonal stream when he fell into it and was swept away.
A rescue team has been despatched to the scene to search for the boy.
It has been raining incessantly in Dehradun and several other areas of Uttarakhand since last night.
With the MET department forecasting heavy rains in parts of Uttarakhand in the next 24 hours, the district administration has ordered closure of all schools in Dehradun till tomorrow.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to trace Almora SDM Ajay Arora, who had slipped into the Alaknanda from a makeshift bridge last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Arvind Kejriwal says Modi declaring emergency in Delhi after AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's arrest in assault case
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances