Injured tusker falls from hilltop, dies
Dehra Dun: A tusker, seriously injured in a fight with another male elephant in the jungles of Rajaji Park on January six, died after falling from a hilltop, officials said on Sunday.
The elephant, fondly called Tipu by forest officials, was undergoing treatment and was showing signs of improvement, they said.
However, Tipu, aged 45 years, fell from a hilltop in Motichur range while walking last night and died instantly.
Male elephants usually fight with each other especially during the winter considered as mating season for pachyderms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- NC delegation meets Rajnath Singh, demands ban on pellet guns use in J&K
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad