Injured tusker falls from hilltop, dies
Dehra Dun: A tusker, seriously injured in a fight with another male elephant in the jungles of Rajaji Park on January six, died after falling from a hilltop, officials said on Sunday.
The elephant, fondly called Tipu by forest officials, was undergoing treatment and was showing signs of improvement, they said.
However, Tipu, aged 45 years, fell from a hilltop in Motichur range while walking last night and died instantly.
Male elephants usually fight with each other especially during the winter considered as mating season for pachyderms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption