Injured tusker falls from hilltop, dies
Dehra Dun: A tusker, seriously injured in a fight with another male elephant in the jungles of Rajaji Park on January six, died after falling from a hilltop, officials said on Sunday.
The elephant, fondly called Tipu by forest officials, was undergoing treatment and was showing signs of improvement, they said.
However, Tipu, aged 45 years, fell from a hilltop in Motichur range while walking last night and died instantly.
Male elephants usually fight with each other especially during the winter considered as mating season for pachyderms.
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: NHRC issues notice to state govt
- Delhi to observe mandatory summer vacation with effect from May 11
- Karnataka Chemistry paper leak: Alleged kingpin held
- Marine Salvatore Girone will be home 'in a few weeks', says Italian minister