Injured tusker falls from hilltop, dies
Dehra Dun: A tusker, seriously injured in a fight with another male elephant in the jungles of Rajaji Park on January six, died after falling from a hilltop, officials said on Sunday.
The elephant, fondly called Tipu by forest officials, was undergoing treatment and was showing signs of improvement, they said.
However, Tipu, aged 45 years, fell from a hilltop in Motichur range while walking last night and died instantly.
Male elephants usually fight with each other especially during the winter considered as mating season for pachyderms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking