ITBP begins erecting bridge across Bhagirathi river
Dehra Dun: The ITBP has begun erecting a `rope bridge` across the Bhagirathi river in Gangori area to resume communication links in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand.
The paramilitary forces have brought a fresh contingent of its troops to erect the bridge, while it has also begun six medical camps in various flood and rain water affected areas of the state.
"We have treated 230 people in our medical camps till now," ITBP spokesperson Deepak Pandey said from the forces` headquarters in New Delhi.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) which guards the Sino-Indian frontier has deployed about 300 personnel for relief and rescue works in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'