ITBP begins erecting bridge across Bhagirathi river
Dehra Dun: The ITBP has begun erecting a `rope bridge` across the Bhagirathi river in Gangori area to resume communication links in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand.
The paramilitary forces have brought a fresh contingent of its troops to erect the bridge, while it has also begun six medical camps in various flood and rain water affected areas of the state.
"We have treated 230 people in our medical camps till now," ITBP spokesperson Deepak Pandey said from the forces` headquarters in New Delhi.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) which guards the Sino-Indian frontier has deployed about 300 personnel for relief and rescue works in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum