ITBP begins erecting bridge across Bhagirathi river
Dehra Dun: The ITBP has begun erecting a `rope bridge` across the Bhagirathi river in Gangori area to resume communication links in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand.
The paramilitary forces have brought a fresh contingent of its troops to erect the bridge, while it has also begun six medical camps in various flood and rain water affected areas of the state.
"We have treated 230 people in our medical camps till now," ITBP spokesperson Deepak Pandey said from the forces` headquarters in New Delhi.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) which guards the Sino-Indian frontier has deployed about 300 personnel for relief and rescue works in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story