ITBP begins erecting bridge across Bhagirathi river
Dehra Dun: The ITBP has begun erecting a `rope bridge` across the Bhagirathi river in Gangori area to resume communication links in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand.
The paramilitary forces have brought a fresh contingent of its troops to erect the bridge, while it has also begun six medical camps in various flood and rain water affected areas of the state.
"We have treated 230 people in our medical camps till now," ITBP spokesperson Deepak Pandey said from the forces` headquarters in New Delhi.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) which guards the Sino-Indian frontier has deployed about 300 personnel for relief and rescue works in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore