Japanese national`s bag stolen on train
Roorkee: The bag of a Japanese tourist was stolen when he was going by train from Jaipur to Haridwar to take a dip in the river Ganga, police said on Saturday.
Yoo Shi Shoumi Nakak was travelling to Haridwar by Amritsar Express on Friday when the incident happened, they said.
As the train slowed down between Tapri station near Saharanpur and Haridwar, a youth entered his coach, lifted his bag lying on the seat and jumped from the train, police said.
The Japanese national lodged a case of theft with the Roorkee GRP saying his bag contained an iPad, a credit card, 1,000 Australian dollars and flight tickets.
Afer informing the Japanese embassy about the incident, Nakak left for Delhi by bus, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video