Japanese national`s bag stolen on train
Roorkee: The bag of a Japanese tourist was stolen when he was going by train from Jaipur to Haridwar to take a dip in the river Ganga, police said on Saturday.
Yoo Shi Shoumi Nakak was travelling to Haridwar by Amritsar Express on Friday when the incident happened, they said.
As the train slowed down between Tapri station near Saharanpur and Haridwar, a youth entered his coach, lifted his bag lying on the seat and jumped from the train, police said.
The Japanese national lodged a case of theft with the Roorkee GRP saying his bag contained an iPad, a credit card, 1,000 Australian dollars and flight tickets.
Afer informing the Japanese embassy about the incident, Nakak left for Delhi by bus, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace