Japanese national`s bag stolen on train
Roorkee: The bag of a Japanese tourist was stolen when he was going by train from Jaipur to Haridwar to take a dip in the river Ganga, police said on Saturday.
Yoo Shi Shoumi Nakak was travelling to Haridwar by Amritsar Express on Friday when the incident happened, they said.
As the train slowed down between Tapri station near Saharanpur and Haridwar, a youth entered his coach, lifted his bag lying on the seat and jumped from the train, police said.
The Japanese national lodged a case of theft with the Roorkee GRP saying his bag contained an iPad, a credit card, 1,000 Australian dollars and flight tickets.
Afer informing the Japanese embassy about the incident, Nakak left for Delhi by bus, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators