Japanese national`s bag stolen on train
Roorkee: The bag of a Japanese tourist was stolen when he was going by train from Jaipur to Haridwar to take a dip in the river Ganga, police said on Saturday.
Yoo Shi Shoumi Nakak was travelling to Haridwar by Amritsar Express on Friday when the incident happened, they said.
As the train slowed down between Tapri station near Saharanpur and Haridwar, a youth entered his coach, lifted his bag lying on the seat and jumped from the train, police said.
The Japanese national lodged a case of theft with the Roorkee GRP saying his bag contained an iPad, a credit card, 1,000 Australian dollars and flight tickets.
Afer informing the Japanese embassy about the incident, Nakak left for Delhi by bus, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch