Journalist `slapped` by cop at Kumbh, fuels protests
Haridwar: Tempers ran high at the Maha Kumbh here today when a TV journalist was allegedly slapped by a Uttarakhand Police official at the main bathing ghat `Har Ki Pauri`.
According to Anuj Yadav, a Delhi-based correspondent with DD News, he along with his cameraman was taking visuals of the evening prayers at the ghat when the official asked them to remove the cameras.
"We had valid passes and we were on the move to get a better shot. The policeman shouted at us and asked us to hurry up as he was under orders," Yadav said.
"The policeman then took the camera and threw it on the ground. When I tried to intervene I was slapped by him," Yadav claimed.
Yadav said that his colleague then switched on the video camera as he was again slapped, which was recorded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed