Journalist `slapped` by cop at Kumbh, fuels protests
Haridwar: Tempers ran high at the Maha Kumbh here today when a TV journalist was allegedly slapped by a Uttarakhand Police official at the main bathing ghat `Har Ki Pauri`.
According to Anuj Yadav, a Delhi-based correspondent with DD News, he along with his cameraman was taking visuals of the evening prayers at the ghat when the official asked them to remove the cameras.
"We had valid passes and we were on the move to get a better shot. The policeman shouted at us and asked us to hurry up as he was under orders," Yadav said.
"The policeman then took the camera and threw it on the ground. When I tried to intervene I was slapped by him," Yadav claimed.
Yadav said that his colleague then switched on the video camera as he was again slapped, which was recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?