Journalist `slapped` by cop at Kumbh, fuels protests
Haridwar: Tempers ran high at the Maha Kumbh here today when a TV journalist was allegedly slapped by a Uttarakhand Police official at the main bathing ghat `Har Ki Pauri`.
According to Anuj Yadav, a Delhi-based correspondent with DD News, he along with his cameraman was taking visuals of the evening prayers at the ghat when the official asked them to remove the cameras.
"We had valid passes and we were on the move to get a better shot. The policeman shouted at us and asked us to hurry up as he was under orders," Yadav said.
"The policeman then took the camera and threw it on the ground. When I tried to intervene I was slapped by him," Yadav claimed.
Yadav said that his colleague then switched on the video camera as he was again slapped, which was recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation