Journalist `slapped` by cop at Kumbh, fuels protests
Haridwar: Tempers ran high at the Maha Kumbh here today when a TV journalist was allegedly slapped by a Uttarakhand Police official at the main bathing ghat `Har Ki Pauri`.
According to Anuj Yadav, a Delhi-based correspondent with DD News, he along with his cameraman was taking visuals of the evening prayers at the ghat when the official asked them to remove the cameras.
"We had valid passes and we were on the move to get a better shot. The policeman shouted at us and asked us to hurry up as he was under orders," Yadav said.
"The policeman then took the camera and threw it on the ground. When I tried to intervene I was slapped by him," Yadav claimed.
Yadav said that his colleague then switched on the video camera as he was again slapped, which was recorded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar