Justice Kandpal desires to quit inquiry commission
Dehra Dun: Justice (retd) BC Kandpal,
heading the inquiry panel probing into scams unearthed during
the previous Congress regime in Uttarakhand, today expressed
his desire to be relieved from the responsibility as he is
"Kandpal has expressed his desire to be relieved from the
responsibility of inquiry commission and urged the state
government to appoint someone else on the post," Uttarakhand
Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar told PTI here.
His letter expressing desire to quit the inquiry panel
has been forwarded to Chief Minister B C Khanduri, he said.
The judicial commission has already completed its probe
into 60 out of the 68 scams and handed over the reports to the
state government, Kumar said.
The retired justice, who is also holding the post of
state consumer dispute redressal commission chairman, wanted
that the inquiry into the remaining eight cases should be
completed without delay, the chief secretary said.
Significantly, Kandpal`s letter came two days after the
ruling BJP in Uttarakhand directed the vigilance department to
initiate legal action against all those people who have been
indicted by the commission in 17 scams in the previous Congress government led by N D Tiwari.
These scams included those relating to irregularities in
leasing out of horticulture gardens and Matela cold storage,
equipment purchase in ITIs, construction of canals by
irrigation department, computer purchase in IT and other
The inquiry commission was set up in September 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’