Justice Nirmal Yadav joins Uttarakhand HC
Nainital: Justice Nirmal Yadav, a judge of
the Punjab and Haryana High Court against whom allegations
were made in the `cash-at-judge`s-door` scam, today joined the
Uttarakhand High Court.
She was administered oath by Chief Justice J S Kehar
yesterday. With the inclusion of Justice Yadav, the first
woman judge in the state High Court, the present strength of
the judges in the High Court increased to nine.
Justice Yadav was transferred from Punjab and Haryana
High Court to the Uttarakhand High Court on February 10
following a recommendation by the Supreme Court collegium
which was approved by the President.
Yadav has not been attending court work after allegations
against her had surfaced in August 2008. Her name had figured
in the alleged scam after the recovery of Rs 15 lakh at the
door of another Punjab and Haryana High Court judge Nirmaljit
Kaur, which was said to have been delivered there due to
confusion over names.
Justice Yadav has repeatedly denied the allegations that
the money was meant for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka