Justice Nirmal Yadav joins Uttarakhand HC
Nainital: Justice Nirmal Yadav, a judge of
the Punjab and Haryana High Court against whom allegations
were made in the `cash-at-judge`s-door` scam, today joined the
Uttarakhand High Court.
She was administered oath by Chief Justice J S Kehar
yesterday. With the inclusion of Justice Yadav, the first
woman judge in the state High Court, the present strength of
the judges in the High Court increased to nine.
Justice Yadav was transferred from Punjab and Haryana
High Court to the Uttarakhand High Court on February 10
following a recommendation by the Supreme Court collegium
which was approved by the President.
Yadav has not been attending court work after allegations
against her had surfaced in August 2008. Her name had figured
in the alleged scam after the recovery of Rs 15 lakh at the
door of another Punjab and Haryana High Court judge Nirmaljit
Kaur, which was said to have been delivered there due to
confusion over names.
Justice Yadav has repeatedly denied the allegations that
the money was meant for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9