Justice Nirmal Yadav joins Uttarakhand HC
Nainital: Justice Nirmal Yadav, a judge of
the Punjab and Haryana High Court against whom allegations
were made in the `cash-at-judge`s-door` scam, today joined the
Uttarakhand High Court.
She was administered oath by Chief Justice J S Kehar
yesterday. With the inclusion of Justice Yadav, the first
woman judge in the state High Court, the present strength of
the judges in the High Court increased to nine.
Justice Yadav was transferred from Punjab and Haryana
High Court to the Uttarakhand High Court on February 10
following a recommendation by the Supreme Court collegium
which was approved by the President.
Yadav has not been attending court work after allegations
against her had surfaced in August 2008. Her name had figured
in the alleged scam after the recovery of Rs 15 lakh at the
door of another Punjab and Haryana High Court judge Nirmaljit
Kaur, which was said to have been delivered there due to
confusion over names.
Justice Yadav has repeatedly denied the allegations that
the money was meant for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez