Justice Nirmal Yadav joins Uttarakhand HC
Nainital: Justice Nirmal Yadav, a judge of
the Punjab and Haryana High Court against whom allegations
were made in the `cash-at-judge`s-door` scam, today joined the
Uttarakhand High Court.
She was administered oath by Chief Justice J S Kehar
yesterday. With the inclusion of Justice Yadav, the first
woman judge in the state High Court, the present strength of
the judges in the High Court increased to nine.
Justice Yadav was transferred from Punjab and Haryana
High Court to the Uttarakhand High Court on February 10
following a recommendation by the Supreme Court collegium
which was approved by the President.
Yadav has not been attending court work after allegations
against her had surfaced in August 2008. Her name had figured
in the alleged scam after the recovery of Rs 15 lakh at the
door of another Punjab and Haryana High Court judge Nirmaljit
Kaur, which was said to have been delivered there due to
confusion over names.
Justice Yadav has repeatedly denied the allegations that
the money was meant for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years