Justice Nirmal Yadav joins Uttarakhand HC
Nainital: Justice Nirmal Yadav, a judge of
the Punjab and Haryana High Court against whom allegations
were made in the `cash-at-judge`s-door` scam, today joined the
Uttarakhand High Court.
She was administered oath by Chief Justice J S Kehar
yesterday. With the inclusion of Justice Yadav, the first
woman judge in the state High Court, the present strength of
the judges in the High Court increased to nine.
Justice Yadav was transferred from Punjab and Haryana
High Court to the Uttarakhand High Court on February 10
following a recommendation by the Supreme Court collegium
which was approved by the President.
Yadav has not been attending court work after allegations
against her had surfaced in August 2008. Her name had figured
in the alleged scam after the recovery of Rs 15 lakh at the
door of another Punjab and Haryana High Court judge Nirmaljit
Kaur, which was said to have been delivered there due to
confusion over names.
Justice Yadav has repeatedly denied the allegations that
the money was meant for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog