Kailash Mansarovar yatra suspended
Dehradun: The annual Kailash Mansarovar `yatra` has been suspended on Monday in view of heavy rains and landslides in Uttarakhand.
"The yatra has been stopped in Buddhi in Uttarakhand in view of landslides and heavy rains. The pilgrims have been accommodated in various locations and the route will be opened again after things get normal," a senior ITBP official said.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) guards the yatra and pilgrims.
The annual pilgrimage that goes into Tibet had commenced last week after the first batch of 53 pilgrims from Delhi had reached Kathgodam in Pithoragarh.
A total of 18 batches of pilgrims are scheduled to have a glimpse of holy mount Kailash, the abode of Lord Shiva, and take a holy bath in the sacred lake of Mansarovar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days