Kailash Mansarovar yatra suspended
Dehradun: The annual Kailash Mansarovar `yatra` has been suspended on Monday in view of heavy rains and landslides in Uttarakhand.
"The yatra has been stopped in Buddhi in Uttarakhand in view of landslides and heavy rains. The pilgrims have been accommodated in various locations and the route will be opened again after things get normal," a senior ITBP official said.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) guards the yatra and pilgrims.
The annual pilgrimage that goes into Tibet had commenced last week after the first batch of 53 pilgrims from Delhi had reached Kathgodam in Pithoragarh.
A total of 18 batches of pilgrims are scheduled to have a glimpse of holy mount Kailash, the abode of Lord Shiva, and take a holy bath in the sacred lake of Mansarovar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!