Kedarnath portals to reopen on May 14
Dehradun: The sacred portals of the famous Kedarnath temple in Garhwal Himalayas will reopen on May 14 after its six month annual closure during winters.
The auspicious timing at 7 am and date for the ceremonial reopening of the temple portals was decided on the occasion of Maha Shivratri today by the chief priest of the temple Diwakar Ling in the presence of religious and administrative officials in Ukhimath, Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee sources said.
Dedicated to Lord Shiva and situated at a height of 3,581 metres above the sea level, Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand is closed for six months every year during winter time due to snowbound conditions.
Among the famous Char Dhaams of Uttarakhand, Badrinath will reopen on May 16 whereas the portals of Gangotri and Yamunotri will reopen on May 13 on the occasion of Akshay Tritiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’