Kedarnath portals to reopen on May 14
Dehradun: The sacred portals of the famous Kedarnath temple in Garhwal Himalayas will reopen on May 14 after its six month annual closure during winters.
The auspicious timing at 7 am and date for the ceremonial reopening of the temple portals was decided on the occasion of Maha Shivratri today by the chief priest of the temple Diwakar Ling in the presence of religious and administrative officials in Ukhimath, Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee sources said.
Dedicated to Lord Shiva and situated at a height of 3,581 metres above the sea level, Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand is closed for six months every year during winter time due to snowbound conditions.
Among the famous Char Dhaams of Uttarakhand, Badrinath will reopen on May 16 whereas the portals of Gangotri and Yamunotri will reopen on May 13 on the occasion of Akshay Tritiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen