Kedarnath portals to reopen on May 14
Dehradun: The sacred portals of the famous Kedarnath temple in Garhwal Himalayas will reopen on May 14 after its six month annual closure during winters.
The auspicious timing at 7 am and date for the ceremonial reopening of the temple portals was decided on the occasion of Maha Shivratri today by the chief priest of the temple Diwakar Ling in the presence of religious and administrative officials in Ukhimath, Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee sources said.
Dedicated to Lord Shiva and situated at a height of 3,581 metres above the sea level, Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand is closed for six months every year during winter time due to snowbound conditions.
Among the famous Char Dhaams of Uttarakhand, Badrinath will reopen on May 16 whereas the portals of Gangotri and Yamunotri will reopen on May 13 on the occasion of Akshay Tritiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter