Kedarnath portals to reopen on May 14
Dehradun: The sacred portals of the famous Kedarnath temple in Garhwal Himalayas will reopen on May 14 after its six month annual closure during winters.
The auspicious timing at 7 am and date for the ceremonial reopening of the temple portals was decided on the occasion of Maha Shivratri today by the chief priest of the temple Diwakar Ling in the presence of religious and administrative officials in Ukhimath, Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee sources said.
Dedicated to Lord Shiva and situated at a height of 3,581 metres above the sea level, Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand is closed for six months every year during winter time due to snowbound conditions.
Among the famous Char Dhaams of Uttarakhand, Badrinath will reopen on May 16 whereas the portals of Gangotri and Yamunotri will reopen on May 13 on the occasion of Akshay Tritiya.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan