Kedarnath sadhus will be taken out: ITBP
Gauchar: ITBP has tasked its men undertaking rescue operations in Kedarnath to take out everyone including reluctant `sadhus` from the rain ravaged temple town.
"There are reports with our personnel that some sadhus have refused to be taken out from Kedarnath. I have asked my men to persuade them and leave the place," ITBP DIG Amit Prasad told PTI.
Prasad said the numbers of these Sadhus would be between 15-20 and they need to be brought out as that area has a number of bodies which could lead to spread of diseases.
The ITBP and Army on Sunday said that Kedarnath area would be cleared of all people by tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14