Kedarnath sadhus will be taken out: ITBP
Gauchar: ITBP has tasked its men undertaking rescue operations in Kedarnath to take out everyone including reluctant `sadhus` from the rain ravaged temple town.
"There are reports with our personnel that some sadhus have refused to be taken out from Kedarnath. I have asked my men to persuade them and leave the place," ITBP DIG Amit Prasad told PTI.
Prasad said the numbers of these Sadhus would be between 15-20 and they need to be brought out as that area has a number of bodies which could lead to spread of diseases.
The ITBP and Army on Sunday said that Kedarnath area would be cleared of all people by tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!