Kedarnath temple to be reopened on April 28
Dehradun: Portals of famous Himalayan
shrine of Kedarnath would be reopened for pilgrims after a gap
of six months on April 28 this year.
The Kedarnath temple would be reopened on April 28 at
0715 hours in the morning, said Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt,
Chairman of Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee.
The "mahurat" for reopening of Kedarnath temple was
Decided by the religious officials of the temple on the
auspicious occasion of Mahashivrati today at Ukhimath area,
the wintry sojourn of Lord Shiva, he said.
The portals of another famous Himalayan shrine of
Badrinath would be reopened for pilgrims on April 29.
The Chardhams comprising the shrines of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri nestling in dizzying heights
of Garhwal Himalayas reopen for pilgrims in April-May every
year after remaining closed for nearly six months during
winters as the area remain snow-bound during the period.
Two other shrines of Gangotri and Yamunotri would be
reopened on Akshya Tritiya.
While Badrinath is situated at a height of 3133 meters
in Chamoli district, Kedarnath is situated in Rudraprayag
district at a height of 3584 meter.
Gangotri and Yamunotri shrines are situated at a height of 3200 meter and 3615 meter
respectively in Uttarkashi district.
The annual Chardham yatra is considered as a backbone of
the thriving religious tourism in the state that attracts
nearly 15-16 lakh pilgrims every year from home and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP