Kedarnath Yatra suspended till July 29
Dehradun: Kedarnath yatra was on Sunday further suspended due to bad weather till July 29 after opening for a brief four hours.
"The Kedarnath pilgrimage, which opened today after a gap of 10 days, was again suspended till July 29 due to forecast of heavy rains during the next 48 hours," said Meera Kaintura, Rudraprayag`s disaster management officer.
She said that the district administration contacted the Secretary of Disaster Management Department and took the decision after that.
On July 24, the district authorities had decided to keep the Kedarnath yatra suspended till today as Rishikesh-Kedarnath National Highway was blocked at Doliyadevi near Fata and intermittent rains continued to lash the region.
The pilgrimage was also suspended on July 16 amid a MeT department warning of heavy rains in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble