Kedarnath Yatra suspended till July 29
Dehradun: Kedarnath yatra was on Sunday further suspended due to bad weather till July 29 after opening for a brief four hours.
"The Kedarnath pilgrimage, which opened today after a gap of 10 days, was again suspended till July 29 due to forecast of heavy rains during the next 48 hours," said Meera Kaintura, Rudraprayag`s disaster management officer.
She said that the district administration contacted the Secretary of Disaster Management Department and took the decision after that.
On July 24, the district authorities had decided to keep the Kedarnath yatra suspended till today as Rishikesh-Kedarnath National Highway was blocked at Doliyadevi near Fata and intermittent rains continued to lash the region.
The pilgrimage was also suspended on July 16 amid a MeT department warning of heavy rains in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj