Kedarnath Yatra suspended till July 29
Dehradun: Kedarnath yatra was on Sunday further suspended due to bad weather till July 29 after opening for a brief four hours.
"The Kedarnath pilgrimage, which opened today after a gap of 10 days, was again suspended till July 29 due to forecast of heavy rains during the next 48 hours," said Meera Kaintura, Rudraprayag`s disaster management officer.
She said that the district administration contacted the Secretary of Disaster Management Department and took the decision after that.
On July 24, the district authorities had decided to keep the Kedarnath yatra suspended till today as Rishikesh-Kedarnath National Highway was blocked at Doliyadevi near Fata and intermittent rains continued to lash the region.
The pilgrimage was also suspended on July 16 amid a MeT department warning of heavy rains in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence