Khanduri meets Koshiyari, raises speculation of new alignment
Dehradun: Signalling a new political
alignment against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal
Nishank, two senior BJP leaders belonging to rebel camp had a
closed door meeting, the second such exercise in a week.
Former chief minsters B C Khanduri and B S Koshiyari had
a closed-door meeting for nearly an hour yesterday here.
It was not known what transpired between the two leaders.
But party sources said they discussed a wide-range of issues
in the state, where the BJP government is embroiled in a
series of alleged scandals.
Khanduri, who was replaced by Nishank after the party
performed badly in the last Lok Sabha elections losing all the
five seats held by BJP, drove to Koshiyari`s residence for the
When contacted, Koshiyari dismissed the meeting as "just
a courtesy call" by the former chief minister.
"Last week I went to meet Khanduri. And yesterday, he
came to my home," he said.
On whether the meeting should be seen as a new political
alignment against Nishank, Koshiyari retorted, "There should
be no threat to Nishank. He is running the government very
Khanduri parried questions from reporters about the
meeting, saying "I don`t discuss party matters with media."
A BJP spokesman said media should not to make too much
interpretation of the meeting. "I think it is a good move for
the state BJP that the two leaders have met sinking their
differences. It will auger well for the party in the coming
Assembly elections in 2012," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh