‘Killer’ engineer taken to grinder, deep-freezer shops
Dehra Dun: The software engineer who
allegedly killed his wife, cut her body into pieces and hid
them in a deep-freezer for nearly two months here was on Thursday
taken to the shops from where he had purchased the electric
grinder and the cooling equipment.
The police team checked records of the shops from
where software engineer Rajesh Gulati (37) had purchased the
equipment after murdering 33-year-old Anupama, police said
here, adding, the shopkeepers also identified him.
Gulati was yesterday taken by the police team to the
jungles on the foothills of Mussoorie from where it recovered
Anupama`s left foot wrapped in a black polythene bag.
He had earlier claimed that he had thrown some of the
body pieces near Mussoorie a few days back.
SSP G S Martolia said the recovered body part would
soon be sent for a DNA test to a laboratory in Hyderabad.
The incident came to light on December 12 when
Anupama`s brother lodged a police complaint after he did not
get satisfactorily reply from the engineer about his sister`s
Police then arrested Gulati from his rented
accommodation following which he confessed to have murdered
Anupama on the night of Oct 17 and hid the body in the
bathroom for the next two days.
In the meantime, he told their two twin kids -- aged
four years -- that their mother had gone to Delhi.
The couple had married in February 1999 and had
settled down here 18 months ago after returning from the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray