‘Killer’ engineer taken to grinder, deep-freezer shops
Dehra Dun: The software engineer who
allegedly killed his wife, cut her body into pieces and hid
them in a deep-freezer for nearly two months here was on Thursday
taken to the shops from where he had purchased the electric
grinder and the cooling equipment.
The police team checked records of the shops from
where software engineer Rajesh Gulati (37) had purchased the
equipment after murdering 33-year-old Anupama, police said
here, adding, the shopkeepers also identified him.
Gulati was yesterday taken by the police team to the
jungles on the foothills of Mussoorie from where it recovered
Anupama`s left foot wrapped in a black polythene bag.
He had earlier claimed that he had thrown some of the
body pieces near Mussoorie a few days back.
SSP G S Martolia said the recovered body part would
soon be sent for a DNA test to a laboratory in Hyderabad.
The incident came to light on December 12 when
Anupama`s brother lodged a police complaint after he did not
get satisfactorily reply from the engineer about his sister`s
Police then arrested Gulati from his rented
accommodation following which he confessed to have murdered
Anupama on the night of Oct 17 and hid the body in the
bathroom for the next two days.
In the meantime, he told their two twin kids -- aged
four years -- that their mother had gone to Delhi.
The couple had married in February 1999 and had
settled down here 18 months ago after returning from the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan