Kotdwar: Two arrested for torching leopard
Kotdwar: Two persons were held Friday
for killing a leopard that was not a man-eater at village
Dhamdhar in Pauri district, police said here.
Vijay Singh and Manwar Singh of Dhamdhar village are
among the 10 including two women against whom cases have been
registered for the March 23 incident which happened in the
presence of forest officials and police.
SP(Pauri Garhwal) Pushkar Jyoti assured that the
rest would be apprehended soon.
After the leopard was captured, some villagers threw
kerosene on the animal, setting it on fire. A post-mortem
later revealed that the leopard was not a man-eater.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks