Kotdwar: Two arrested for torching leopard
Kotdwar: Two persons were held Friday
for killing a leopard that was not a man-eater at village
Dhamdhar in Pauri district, police said here.
Vijay Singh and Manwar Singh of Dhamdhar village are
among the 10 including two women against whom cases have been
registered for the March 23 incident which happened in the
presence of forest officials and police.
SP(Pauri Garhwal) Pushkar Jyoti assured that the
rest would be apprehended soon.
After the leopard was captured, some villagers threw
kerosene on the animal, setting it on fire. A post-mortem
later revealed that the leopard was not a man-eater.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'