Kotdwar: Two arrested for torching leopard
Kotdwar: Two persons were held Friday
for killing a leopard that was not a man-eater at village
Dhamdhar in Pauri district, police said here.
Vijay Singh and Manwar Singh of Dhamdhar village are
among the 10 including two women against whom cases have been
registered for the March 23 incident which happened in the
presence of forest officials and police.
SP(Pauri Garhwal) Pushkar Jyoti assured that the
rest would be apprehended soon.
After the leopard was captured, some villagers threw
kerosene on the animal, setting it on fire. A post-mortem
later revealed that the leopard was not a man-eater.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal