Lakhs of devotees take dip in Ganga on Baisakhi
Dehra Dun: In twin holy towns of Haridwar
and Rishikesh, lakhs of people from different states took a
holy dip in the river Ganga on the occasion of Baisakhi.
More than one lakh people have so far taken a dip in
the river Ganga at various bathing ghats of Haridwar and their
number is expected to cross the mark of 2.5 lakh at the end of
the day, police said.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made by the
police and administration for the purpose.
People from Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh,
Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Chhatisgarh and
Jharkhand converged on the ghats and celebrated Baisakhi with
traditional fervour and gaiety.
Punjabi men and women attired in traditional dresses
were seen singing and dancing in groups at various places to
celebrate Baisakhi, the harvesting festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation