Lalu seeks transfer of fodder scam case to another spl court
Ranchi: The counsel for RJD chief Lalu Prasad today informed the court of Special CBI judge Pravas Kumar Singh that arguments on behalf of his client be stopped till the high court, before which transfer of a fodder case has been sought to some other special court, gave an order.
A petition has been filed by Prasad in the Jharkhand High Court seeking transfer of a fodder scam case against 44 accused, including himself, to another special court as he did not expect justice from the special CBI judge Pravas Kumar Singh.
The special court was to deliver the verdict on July 15 in the case relating to the alleged fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from the Chaibasa Treasury in the 1990s.
Prasad`s counsel, Supreme Court advocate Surendra Kumar Singh said that his client did not expect justice from the court as the judge was allegedly a relative of two Janata Dal(U) leaders, "who are his political opponents".
The special CBI court has been hearing arguments for the last one month and had on June 20 directed the accused, including Prasad, to complete arguments by July 1 and fixed July 15 to deliver the verdict.
Besides Prasad, former Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra, senior government officials, including IAS officers, and fodder suppliers were to appear before the court on the date.
Contacted, a senior CBI official said, "We were expecting such a move from the accused."
As of May 31 this year, verdicts were delivered in 44 of the 53 cases in the Rs 950 crore fodder scam, which was unearthed during the undivided Bihar regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'