`Land scams` rock Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Leaders of both ruling BJP and
opposition Congress in Uttarakhand are now battling `land
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank has come under
fire from the Opposition for changing the land use of a
biochemical factory at Rishikesh. Leader of Opposition H S
Rawat and PCC chief Yashpal Arya alleged that it was done to
provide benefits to some BJP leaders.
Nishank, however, denied allegations of any irregularity
in the Rs 400 crore Rishikesh housing project where land use
pattern of 30 acres of land of Citurgia Biochemicals Limited
was changed for housing purposes.
"I can say with authority that the land use pattern of
the project was changed strictly under the guidelines of BIFR
(Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction). There was
no irregularity of any kind, not even of a single paisa,"
Rawat, who had been vociferously raising the issue in and
outside the assembly, is also finding himself at the centre of
a raging controversy.
Mahmud Hasan, a local farmer, has approached the minority
commission with a complaint alleging that more than 100 bighas
of land at Sahaspur area in Dehradun district belonging to a
woman from New Delhi was "fraudulently transferred" in the
name of Rawat`s wife and another woman.
Nishank has said the complaint is being "looked into"
while Rawat has strongly denied the allegations and dared the
government to order a CBI probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says