Landmine blast: Mukhia and his aide arrested
Garhwa: Two persons, including
a village head, were on Tuesday arrested in connection with the
January 22 landmine blast that killed 13 policemen near
Bariganwa forest of the district.
We have arrested Ramdas Minz, the Mukhia (head of
Bargarh village under Bhandaria police station) and his aide
Fida Hussain, Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj said
Minz and Hussain face charges of murder and criminal
conspiracy, besides other sections, he said.
On Saturday, the Maoists blew up an anti-landmine
vehicle to kill 13 policemen.
The incident happened when the policemen were going to
Bargarh after getting information that some local people had
enforced a shutdown in protest against the location of an
under-construction health centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'