Landmine blast: Mukhia and his aide arrested
Garhwa: Two persons, including
a village head, were on Tuesday arrested in connection with the
January 22 landmine blast that killed 13 policemen near
Bariganwa forest of the district.
We have arrested Ramdas Minz, the Mukhia (head of
Bargarh village under Bhandaria police station) and his aide
Fida Hussain, Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj said
Minz and Hussain face charges of murder and criminal
conspiracy, besides other sections, he said.
On Saturday, the Maoists blew up an anti-landmine
vehicle to kill 13 policemen.
The incident happened when the policemen were going to
Bargarh after getting information that some local people had
enforced a shutdown in protest against the location of an
under-construction health centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...