Landmine blast: Mukhia and his aide arrested
Garhwa: Two persons, including
a village head, were on Tuesday arrested in connection with the
January 22 landmine blast that killed 13 policemen near
Bariganwa forest of the district.
We have arrested Ramdas Minz, the Mukhia (head of
Bargarh village under Bhandaria police station) and his aide
Fida Hussain, Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj said
Minz and Hussain face charges of murder and criminal
conspiracy, besides other sections, he said.
On Saturday, the Maoists blew up an anti-landmine
vehicle to kill 13 policemen.
The incident happened when the policemen were going to
Bargarh after getting information that some local people had
enforced a shutdown in protest against the location of an
under-construction health centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test