Landmine blast: Mukhia and his aide arrested
Garhwa: Two persons, including
a village head, were on Tuesday arrested in connection with the
January 22 landmine blast that killed 13 policemen near
Bariganwa forest of the district.
We have arrested Ramdas Minz, the Mukhia (head of
Bargarh village under Bhandaria police station) and his aide
Fida Hussain, Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj said
Minz and Hussain face charges of murder and criminal
conspiracy, besides other sections, he said.
On Saturday, the Maoists blew up an anti-landmine
vehicle to kill 13 policemen.
The incident happened when the policemen were going to
Bargarh after getting information that some local people had
enforced a shutdown in protest against the location of an
under-construction health centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again