Landmine blast: Mukhia and his aide arrested
Garhwa: Two persons, including
a village head, were on Tuesday arrested in connection with the
January 22 landmine blast that killed 13 policemen near
Bariganwa forest of the district.
We have arrested Ramdas Minz, the Mukhia (head of
Bargarh village under Bhandaria police station) and his aide
Fida Hussain, Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj said
Minz and Hussain face charges of murder and criminal
conspiracy, besides other sections, he said.
On Saturday, the Maoists blew up an anti-landmine
vehicle to kill 13 policemen.
The incident happened when the policemen were going to
Bargarh after getting information that some local people had
enforced a shutdown in protest against the location of an
under-construction health centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre