Landslide damages NH connecting Rishikesh and Kedarnath
Gopeshwar: A stretch of the National Highway connecting Rishikesh and Kedarnath was today damaged due to a landslide at Phata village in Rudraprayag near here.
A 50-metre stretch of the road fell in a trench in the landslide, which occurred in the evening, district in-charge Raghav Langar said, adding it could cause damages in the village above the road.
The Border Roads Organisation has been informed and they have been told to repair the road as early as possible, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren