Landslide damages NH connecting Rishikesh and Kedarnath
Gopeshwar: A stretch of the National Highway connecting Rishikesh and Kedarnath was today damaged due to a landslide at Phata village in Rudraprayag near here.
A 50-metre stretch of the road fell in a trench in the landslide, which occurred in the evening, district in-charge Raghav Langar said, adding it could cause damages in the village above the road.
The Border Roads Organisation has been informed and they have been told to repair the road as early as possible, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?