Law and order issue rocks Uttarakhand Assembly
Dehra Dun: The issue of deteriorating law and order situation in Uttarakhand on Wednesday rocked the state assembly with opposition BJP creating a pandemonium which forced the Speaker to adjourn the house twice.
As soon as the zero hour began, the BJP members led by leader of opposition Ajay Bhat were on their feet demanding an immediate discussion over the deteriorating law and order situation in the state under Rule 310 (adjournment motion).
Referring to the incidents of dacoity in the house of a Congress MLA Furkan Ahmed in Roorkee area and murder of a folk singer from Haryana in Haridwar, Bhatt said the law and order situation in the state has collapsed and the issue should be discussed immediately under Rule 310.
Bhatt was supported by his other party MLAs, who also urged Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal to allow them to raise the issue.
The Speaker, however, rejected their demand of raising the issue under adjournment motion and said instead he would allow to raise the issue under Rule 58 (Calling attention motion). This enraged the BJP members, who jumped into the well of the House raising slogans against the state government.
Kunjwal tried to pacify the members and resume their seats. As his repeated pleas were unheard, he first adjourned the house till 1330 hrs and then 1500 hrs.
Later, talking to reporters, Bhatt said the government has no respect for the parliamentary values and that is why it is shying away from discussion in the assembly over the important issues related with the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP