Law and order issue rocks Uttarakhand Assembly
Dehra Dun: The issue of deteriorating law and order situation in Uttarakhand on Wednesday rocked the state assembly with opposition BJP creating a pandemonium which forced the Speaker to adjourn the house twice.
As soon as the zero hour began, the BJP members led by leader of opposition Ajay Bhat were on their feet demanding an immediate discussion over the deteriorating law and order situation in the state under Rule 310 (adjournment motion).
Referring to the incidents of dacoity in the house of a Congress MLA Furkan Ahmed in Roorkee area and murder of a folk singer from Haryana in Haridwar, Bhatt said the law and order situation in the state has collapsed and the issue should be discussed immediately under Rule 310.
Bhatt was supported by his other party MLAs, who also urged Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal to allow them to raise the issue.
The Speaker, however, rejected their demand of raising the issue under adjournment motion and said instead he would allow to raise the issue under Rule 58 (Calling attention motion). This enraged the BJP members, who jumped into the well of the House raising slogans against the state government.
Kunjwal tried to pacify the members and resume their seats. As his repeated pleas were unheard, he first adjourned the house till 1330 hrs and then 1500 hrs.
Later, talking to reporters, Bhatt said the government has no respect for the parliamentary values and that is why it is shying away from discussion in the assembly over the important issues related with the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar