Left parties demand suspension, arrest of U’khand official accused of rape
Dehradun: The Left parties in Uttarakhand have demanded immediate suspension and arrest of the state`s additional home secretary who has been charged with rape of a young woman on the pretext of giving her a job on Tuesday.
The Left parties would stage a dharna at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Park tomorrow to press for their demands, CPI(M) state secretary Vijay Rawat said today. The Left parties held a meeting yesterday to decide on the matter.
Accusing the state government of being insensitive to crimes against women, he said not one state department has so far constituted its own internal complaint committee to deal with cases of sexual exploitation of women at workplace as per a Supreme Court order.
A 29-year-old woman had lodged a zero FIR in Delhi against Additional Secretary (Home) J P Joshi accusing him of raping her after promising her a job. A case has been registered at the Kotwali police station here on the basis of documents obtained from Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling