Left parties demand suspension, arrest of U’khand official accused of rape
Dehradun: The Left parties in Uttarakhand have demanded immediate suspension and arrest of the state`s additional home secretary who has been charged with rape of a young woman on the pretext of giving her a job on Tuesday.
The Left parties would stage a dharna at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Park tomorrow to press for their demands, CPI(M) state secretary Vijay Rawat said today. The Left parties held a meeting yesterday to decide on the matter.
Accusing the state government of being insensitive to crimes against women, he said not one state department has so far constituted its own internal complaint committee to deal with cases of sexual exploitation of women at workplace as per a Supreme Court order.
A 29-year-old woman had lodged a zero FIR in Delhi against Additional Secretary (Home) J P Joshi accusing him of raping her after promising her a job. A case has been registered at the Kotwali police station here on the basis of documents obtained from Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform
- Who is the lead actress in Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'? Here's what we know so far!
- 'Some objects' spotted as search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft enters sixth day