Left parties demand suspension, arrest of U’khand official accused of rape
Dehradun: The Left parties in Uttarakhand have demanded immediate suspension and arrest of the state`s additional home secretary who has been charged with rape of a young woman on the pretext of giving her a job on Tuesday.
The Left parties would stage a dharna at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Park tomorrow to press for their demands, CPI(M) state secretary Vijay Rawat said today. The Left parties held a meeting yesterday to decide on the matter.
Accusing the state government of being insensitive to crimes against women, he said not one state department has so far constituted its own internal complaint committee to deal with cases of sexual exploitation of women at workplace as per a Supreme Court order.
A 29-year-old woman had lodged a zero FIR in Delhi against Additional Secretary (Home) J P Joshi accusing him of raping her after promising her a job. A case has been registered at the Kotwali police station here on the basis of documents obtained from Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack