Left parties demand suspension, arrest of U’khand official accused of rape
Dehradun: The Left parties in Uttarakhand have demanded immediate suspension and arrest of the state`s additional home secretary who has been charged with rape of a young woman on the pretext of giving her a job on Tuesday.
The Left parties would stage a dharna at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Park tomorrow to press for their demands, CPI(M) state secretary Vijay Rawat said today. The Left parties held a meeting yesterday to decide on the matter.
Accusing the state government of being insensitive to crimes against women, he said not one state department has so far constituted its own internal complaint committee to deal with cases of sexual exploitation of women at workplace as per a Supreme Court order.
A 29-year-old woman had lodged a zero FIR in Delhi against Additional Secretary (Home) J P Joshi accusing him of raping her after promising her a job. A case has been registered at the Kotwali police station here on the basis of documents obtained from Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery