Leopard found dead, another kills teenaged boy
Dehradun: A leopard was found dead in
Nainital while another wild cat mauled a teenaged boy to death
in Rudraprayag district, 200 km from here, official sources
said on Tuesday.
The body of one-year-old female leopard was found at
Dechauri range of Ramnagar forest division yesterday by some
villagers, who informed the forest officials.
A close examination of the body has revealed that the
leopard has apparently died after being hit by a vehicle. A
case has been registered against unidentified motor driver,
the sources said.
In another incident, 15-year-old Vijendra, a class 10th
student, was attacked by a leopard last evening in front of
his house in Paunthi Silgarh village.
Seeing the boy being dragged away by the wild cat, his
sister came to his rescue but soon the animal disappeared in
the nearby jungles, Rudraprayag DFO Surendra Mehra said.
Later, Vijendra`s half-eaten body was recovered from
Meanwhile, Mehra has sent a team of forest personnel to
the village to catch the leopard, believed to be a man-eater.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption