Leopard found dead, another kills teenaged boy
Dehradun: A leopard was found dead in
Nainital while another wild cat mauled a teenaged boy to death
in Rudraprayag district, 200 km from here, official sources
said on Tuesday.
The body of one-year-old female leopard was found at
Dechauri range of Ramnagar forest division yesterday by some
villagers, who informed the forest officials.
A close examination of the body has revealed that the
leopard has apparently died after being hit by a vehicle. A
case has been registered against unidentified motor driver,
the sources said.
In another incident, 15-year-old Vijendra, a class 10th
student, was attacked by a leopard last evening in front of
his house in Paunthi Silgarh village.
Seeing the boy being dragged away by the wild cat, his
sister came to his rescue but soon the animal disappeared in
the nearby jungles, Rudraprayag DFO Surendra Mehra said.
Later, Vijendra`s half-eaten body was recovered from
Meanwhile, Mehra has sent a team of forest personnel to
the village to catch the leopard, believed to be a man-eater.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...