Leopard found dead inside Jim Corbett National Park
Dehradun: A female leopard was found dead
inside the Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand with
forest officials suspecting that it might have got killed in a
fight with a tiger over prey.
Forest guards, patrolling Kalagarh division of the park,
found carcass of the leopardess and a deer yesterday. They
also spotted pug marks of a tiger at the site, official
sources said today.
A post-mortem report of the leopardess revealed that its
vertebra was broken at three places and respiratory tract
completely damaged which suggested that it might have got
killed in a fight with the tiger over prey, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends