Leopard found dead inside Jim Corbett National Park
Dehradun: A female leopard was found dead
inside the Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand with
forest officials suspecting that it might have got killed in a
fight with a tiger over prey.
Forest guards, patrolling Kalagarh division of the park,
found carcass of the leopardess and a deer yesterday. They
also spotted pug marks of a tiger at the site, official
sources said today.
A post-mortem report of the leopardess revealed that its
vertebra was broken at three places and respiratory tract
completely damaged which suggested that it might have got
killed in a fight with the tiger over prey, they said.
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success
- Bangladesh: A journey of shared history and common destiny with India
- English Premier League: Is Leicester City's 5,000-1 upset the greatest sporting shock ever?
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics