Leopard kills 11-year-old killed in Nainital
Dehradun: An eleven-year-old boy died after being attacked by a leopard in Pareva village of Nainital district, a forest official said here on Thursday.
The big cat attacked Jaipal when he was playing in the courtyard of his home last evening and dragged him away, Ramnagar`s Divisional Forest Officer P S Shrivastava said.
On being chased by the boy`s kin and villagers, it left the minor about half a km away from his home and escaped into the forest, he said.
However, by that time the boy had succumbed to the deep wounds inflicted by the leopard on his neck and face, he said.
Jaipal`s body was handed over to his family after a post mortem, Shrivastava said.
A trap has been laid in Ramnagar area to cage the maneater leopard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars