Leopard kills 11-year-old killed in Nainital
Dehradun: An eleven-year-old boy died after being attacked by a leopard in Pareva village of Nainital district, a forest official said here on Thursday.
The big cat attacked Jaipal when he was playing in the courtyard of his home last evening and dragged him away, Ramnagar`s Divisional Forest Officer P S Shrivastava said.
On being chased by the boy`s kin and villagers, it left the minor about half a km away from his home and escaped into the forest, he said.
However, by that time the boy had succumbed to the deep wounds inflicted by the leopard on his neck and face, he said.
Jaipal`s body was handed over to his family after a post mortem, Shrivastava said.
A trap has been laid in Ramnagar area to cage the maneater leopard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah