‘Let Cong name an all acceptable Prez candidate’
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the post of President should be kept above religion and caste and let the ruling Congress-led alliance propose a candidate accepted to all political parties.
"The post of President is the highest constitutional office and should stay above caste, religion and all other things. The ruling Congress party should propose a candidate, who can be accepted by all political parties, the ruling and the opposition," Singh said at a press conference here.
Asked whether Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee was acceptable to the BJP, Singh said "Let the Congress propose its candidate then we will decide."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees