‘Let Cong name an all acceptable Prez candidate’
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the post of President should be kept above religion and caste and let the ruling Congress-led alliance propose a candidate accepted to all political parties.
"The post of President is the highest constitutional office and should stay above caste, religion and all other things. The ruling Congress party should propose a candidate, who can be accepted by all political parties, the ruling and the opposition," Singh said at a press conference here.
Asked whether Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee was acceptable to the BJP, Singh said "Let the Congress propose its candidate then we will decide."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch