‘Let Cong name an all acceptable Prez candidate’
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the post of President should be kept above religion and caste and let the ruling Congress-led alliance propose a candidate accepted to all political parties.
"The post of President is the highest constitutional office and should stay above caste, religion and all other things. The ruling Congress party should propose a candidate, who can be accepted by all political parties, the ruling and the opposition," Singh said at a press conference here.
Asked whether Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee was acceptable to the BJP, Singh said "Let the Congress propose its candidate then we will decide."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati