LeT letter threatens blasts in Dehradun, Rishikesh
Haridwar: Terrorist organisation
Lashkar-e-Toiba has threatened to blow up railway stations
here and in Dehradun and Rishikesh on Independence Day.
A letter threatening to blow up the three railway
stations was received by Haridwar railway station
Superintendent Samarendra Goswami today, who immediately
informed the police.
The letter, purportedly written by LeT area commander
Kareem Ansari, has also threatened to blow up Har-Ki-Pauri,
the main bathing ghat, and several famous temples here on
After receiving the letter, Goswami informed the local
intelligence unit, Government Railway Police (GRP) besides the
police and handed over copies of the letter to them.
The police has launched investigations into the matter
and beefed up security in and around railway stations and
other places in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video