LeT planning to attack Uttarakhand?
Dehra Dun: The railway police in Haridwar has received a letter purportedly sent by Pakistan-based terror group Lashkar-e-Toiba threatening to attack top government functionaries and vital installations in Uttarakhand during the festival season, police said on Thursday.
The letter was received yesterday by the office of the Haridwar Railway Superintendent, which had also got several such letters in the past.
A spokesman of Haridwar Police said efforts were on to trace one Karim Ansari, who is said to have written the letter.
The terrorist outfit had earlier threatened to attack vital installations on the occasion of Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city