LeT planning to attack Uttarakhand?
Dehra Dun: The railway police in Haridwar has received a letter purportedly sent by Pakistan-based terror group Lashkar-e-Toiba threatening to attack top government functionaries and vital installations in Uttarakhand during the festival season, police said on Thursday.
The letter was received yesterday by the office of the Haridwar Railway Superintendent, which had also got several such letters in the past.
A spokesman of Haridwar Police said efforts were on to trace one Karim Ansari, who is said to have written the letter.
The terrorist outfit had earlier threatened to attack vital installations on the occasion of Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown