Light rainfall in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Scattered light rainfall occurred in some parts of Uttarakhand on Sunday while conditions remained overcast throughout the state, official sources said on Sunday.
According to state disaster management officials, light rainfall since morning has been witnessed in Uttarkashi and Rudraprayag districts in the Garhwal region and in Nainital in Kumaon.
Meanwhile, around 12 families in Gainthi village in the Ukhimath tehsil area of Rudraprayag district have been removed to safety in view of the threat of landslides triggered by rainfall.
Despite the showers, relief work in the flood-affected areas of the state continued unhindered with mules being used to reach supplies to villages cut off as a result of last month`s natural disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city