Light rainfall in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Scattered light rainfall occurred in some parts of Uttarakhand on Sunday while conditions remained overcast throughout the state, official sources said on Sunday.
According to state disaster management officials, light rainfall since morning has been witnessed in Uttarkashi and Rudraprayag districts in the Garhwal region and in Nainital in Kumaon.
Meanwhile, around 12 families in Gainthi village in the Ukhimath tehsil area of Rudraprayag district have been removed to safety in view of the threat of landslides triggered by rainfall.
Despite the showers, relief work in the flood-affected areas of the state continued unhindered with mules being used to reach supplies to villages cut off as a result of last month`s natural disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...