Lipstick competition at IIT fest: Govt orders probe
Roorkee: A competition during IIT-Roorkee`s
annual festival whereby boys holding lipsticks in their mouth
applied them on girls has sparked a controversy with saffron
groups staging a protest and the BJP government in Uttarakhand
ordering an inquiry.
The competition was held yesterday during the festival
named "Thomso 10".
Demanding action against the engineering institute for
holding the "obscene competition", activists of Akhil Bhartiya
Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), Hindu Jagran Manch and their
friendly organisations today staged a protest in its campus.
They shouted slogans against the authorities and burnt
an effigy of IIT-R`s dean.
"We condemn this incident. We will lock the gates of IIT
Roorkee if the management does not take any action in this
regard," AVBP secretary Raj Singh Pundir said.
Meanwhile, Uttarakhand government has launched an
inquiry into the incident.
"We will not tolerate any obscenity in our state. We have
launched an inquiry in this regard," Uttarakhand Education
Minister Govind Singh Bisht said.
Police said they have not received any complaint about
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE