Locations identified to relocate disaster-hit people
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Thursday identified over a dozen locations in districts worst hit by the mid-June calamity to relocate people who lost their homes and villages in the tragedy.
Initially, pre-fabricated houses will be built at 14 locations spread over five districts of Rudraprayag, Chamoli, Bageshwar, Pithoragarh and Uttarkashi which bore the brunt of the calamity, official sources said here today.
The locations were finalised for relocating the homeless at a meeting held by Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna with the DMs of affected districts, they said.
Bahuguna also decided to immediately release an initial amount of Rs 25 lakh each to the DMs of these districts from the Chief Minister`s discretionary fund to help them start work on the project at the earliest.
The locations identified for building prefabricated houses for affected people include Semi and Chandrapuri in Rudraprayag, Phulna and Bhindar in Chamoli, Kwanri, Phaltaniya and Titoli in Bageshwar, Charchung, Bagapani, Ghatabagad and Dhapa in Pithoragarh and Bhaneri, Ladadi and Nuranu in Uttarkashi, the sources said.
The Chief Minister said the geological survey of these locations should also be carried out before starting construction work.
The project should be completed within the stipulated time-frame and there should not be any compromise on quality, he told the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof