Locations identified to relocate disaster-hit people
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Thursday identified over a dozen locations in districts worst hit by the mid-June calamity to relocate people who lost their homes and villages in the tragedy.
Initially, pre-fabricated houses will be built at 14 locations spread over five districts of Rudraprayag, Chamoli, Bageshwar, Pithoragarh and Uttarkashi which bore the brunt of the calamity, official sources said here today.
The locations were finalised for relocating the homeless at a meeting held by Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna with the DMs of affected districts, they said.
Bahuguna also decided to immediately release an initial amount of Rs 25 lakh each to the DMs of these districts from the Chief Minister`s discretionary fund to help them start work on the project at the earliest.
The locations identified for building prefabricated houses for affected people include Semi and Chandrapuri in Rudraprayag, Phulna and Bhindar in Chamoli, Kwanri, Phaltaniya and Titoli in Bageshwar, Charchung, Bagapani, Ghatabagad and Dhapa in Pithoragarh and Bhaneri, Ladadi and Nuranu in Uttarkashi, the sources said.
The Chief Minister said the geological survey of these locations should also be carried out before starting construction work.
The project should be completed within the stipulated time-frame and there should not be any compromise on quality, he told the officials.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress