Madhumita Shukla case: Amarmani Tripathi’s bail plea rejected
Dehra Dun: The Uttarakhand High Court has rejected the bail application of former Uttar Pradesh minister
Amarmani Tripathi, a convict in the Madhumita Shukla murder
A division bench comprising acting Chief Justice B C
Kandpal and justice Sudhanshu Dhulia rejected Tripathi`s bail
application, after CBI counsels contended that if released on
bail, the former minister might influence witnesses in other
murder cases in which he is facing trials, officials said.
Tripathi had appealed to the court to grant him bail
stating that his son had to undergo an operation of gall
bladder and there was no one in the family to look him after
as his wife Madhumani was also in jail.
However, CBI counsels opposed his application and
said there were other members in the family who could look
after his son.
Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and two others were
convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Dehra Dun
court in the murder case of poetess Madhumita Shukla in
Lucknow in May 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?