Magisterial inquiry into delayed landing of Malini`s chopper
Dehradun: A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the delay in the landing of helicopter carrying Bollywood actor and BJP`s Rajya Sabha MP Hema Malini at Sitarganj area, official sources said on Friday.
Udhamsingh Nagar District Magistrate B K Sant ordered the inquiry after taking note of a complaint by BJP leaders, who alleged that administration "deliberately" delayed the landing by more than 3 hours yesterday.
Malini`s helicopter had landed at Sitarganj where she addressed a public meeting in favour of BJP candidate Prakash Pant and asked the people to vote for him on July 8 bypoll.
Pant is contesting the byelection against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, a Lok Sabha member from Tehri, who needs to be elected as a state legislator before completion of six months in office to continue as the chief minister. He completes his six months in office on September 13.
The vacancy was created following the resignation of BJP MLA from Sitarganj, Kiran Mandal, who joined the Congress amid allegations of horse trading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'