Magisterial inquiry into delayed landing of Malini`s chopper
Dehradun: A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the delay in the landing of helicopter carrying Bollywood actor and BJP`s Rajya Sabha MP Hema Malini at Sitarganj area, official sources said on Friday.
Udhamsingh Nagar District Magistrate B K Sant ordered the inquiry after taking note of a complaint by BJP leaders, who alleged that administration "deliberately" delayed the landing by more than 3 hours yesterday.
Malini`s helicopter had landed at Sitarganj where she addressed a public meeting in favour of BJP candidate Prakash Pant and asked the people to vote for him on July 8 bypoll.
Pant is contesting the byelection against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, a Lok Sabha member from Tehri, who needs to be elected as a state legislator before completion of six months in office to continue as the chief minister. He completes his six months in office on September 13.
The vacancy was created following the resignation of BJP MLA from Sitarganj, Kiran Mandal, who joined the Congress amid allegations of horse trading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA