Magisterial probe into accident that killed Sherwood students
Dehra Dun: A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the Ramnagar accident in which two school students of famous Sherwood College of Nainital were killed and several others injured last week.
SDM AK Nautiyal would investigate the matter and find out the factors responsible for the accident and submit his report to the District Magistrate of Nainital, officials said
Uttarakhand police has already registered a case of negligence and culpable homicide against the Sherwood college management and the driver of the tractor-trolley on the basis of its preliminary investigations.
Two students-- Anmol Bhatt and Ibrahim Ansari—were killed while several others injured when the tractor-trolley in which they were travelling overturned at Leti village of
Nainital district. The students were going to Seetavani temple when the incident occurred on April 3.
Jagdish Dhakariyal, the police official investigating the case, said questioning the owner of the resort, where the students were staying, has revealed that the tractor-trolley
was directly hired by the two teachers accompanying the students.
Moreover, Dhakariyal said, the tractor-trolley was carrying 48 students and that too without any teacher with them.
While teachers Rohit Jalal and Ashish Dwivedi have already been interrogated, Sherwood College Principal Amandip Sandhu has also been asked to report at the Kaladhungi police station for questioning.
Meanwhile, Sandhu has moved to Uttarakhand High Court fearing arrest in the case. Hearing Sandhu`s petition yesterday, the court fixed April 9 as the next date for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress