Mahra files nomination for RS seat in U’khand
Dehra Dun: Mahendra Singh Mahra, a close
confidante of rebel Congress leader Harish Rawat, on Monday filed
his nomination papers for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in
Uttarakhand amid a persisting deadlock in the state unit of
BJP too tried to exploit the fluid political situation by
filing nominations of its two leaders Anil Goyal and Naresh
Bansal making the contest interesting.
However, 11 rebel Congress MLAs supporting Rawat did not
turn up at the Vidhan Sabha, despite a directive by PCC chief
Yashpal Arya, who wanted all the MLAs to remain present in the
Earlier in the day, three more Congress MLAs took oath
giving respite to beleaguered Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna,
who is still struggling to expand his cabinet and face
confidence vote as well as elect a new speaker.
The three Congress MLAs who took oath in the chamber of
protem speaker Shailendra Mohan Singhal include senior party
leader Indira Hridayesh (Haldwani), Madan Singh Bist
(Dwarahaat) and Ganesh Godiyal (Srinagar).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery