Mahra files nomination for RS seat in U’khand
Dehra Dun: Mahendra Singh Mahra, a close
confidante of rebel Congress leader Harish Rawat, on Monday filed
his nomination papers for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in
Uttarakhand amid a persisting deadlock in the state unit of
BJP too tried to exploit the fluid political situation by
filing nominations of its two leaders Anil Goyal and Naresh
Bansal making the contest interesting.
However, 11 rebel Congress MLAs supporting Rawat did not
turn up at the Vidhan Sabha, despite a directive by PCC chief
Yashpal Arya, who wanted all the MLAs to remain present in the
Earlier in the day, three more Congress MLAs took oath
giving respite to beleaguered Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna,
who is still struggling to expand his cabinet and face
confidence vote as well as elect a new speaker.
The three Congress MLAs who took oath in the chamber of
protem speaker Shailendra Mohan Singhal include senior party
leader Indira Hridayesh (Haldwani), Madan Singh Bist
(Dwarahaat) and Ganesh Godiyal (Srinagar).
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- PM Modi should spend a day each in drought-hit places: Shiv Sena
- Dozen laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Pakistan has received Letters Rogatory in Pathankot case: Minister
- Interlinking rivers only solution to drought: Government
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her