Mahra files nomination for RS seat in U’khand
Dehra Dun: Mahendra Singh Mahra, a close
confidante of rebel Congress leader Harish Rawat, on Monday filed
his nomination papers for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in
Uttarakhand amid a persisting deadlock in the state unit of
BJP too tried to exploit the fluid political situation by
filing nominations of its two leaders Anil Goyal and Naresh
Bansal making the contest interesting.
However, 11 rebel Congress MLAs supporting Rawat did not
turn up at the Vidhan Sabha, despite a directive by PCC chief
Yashpal Arya, who wanted all the MLAs to remain present in the
Earlier in the day, three more Congress MLAs took oath
giving respite to beleaguered Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna,
who is still struggling to expand his cabinet and face
confidence vote as well as elect a new speaker.
The three Congress MLAs who took oath in the chamber of
protem speaker Shailendra Mohan Singhal include senior party
leader Indira Hridayesh (Haldwani), Madan Singh Bist
(Dwarahaat) and Ganesh Godiyal (Srinagar).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister