Mahra files nomination for RS seat in U’khand
Dehra Dun: Mahendra Singh Mahra, a close
confidante of rebel Congress leader Harish Rawat, on Monday filed
his nomination papers for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in
Uttarakhand amid a persisting deadlock in the state unit of
BJP too tried to exploit the fluid political situation by
filing nominations of its two leaders Anil Goyal and Naresh
Bansal making the contest interesting.
However, 11 rebel Congress MLAs supporting Rawat did not
turn up at the Vidhan Sabha, despite a directive by PCC chief
Yashpal Arya, who wanted all the MLAs to remain present in the
Earlier in the day, three more Congress MLAs took oath
giving respite to beleaguered Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna,
who is still struggling to expand his cabinet and face
confidence vote as well as elect a new speaker.
The three Congress MLAs who took oath in the chamber of
protem speaker Shailendra Mohan Singhal include senior party
leader Indira Hridayesh (Haldwani), Madan Singh Bist
(Dwarahaat) and Ganesh Godiyal (Srinagar).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'