Mahra files nomination for RS seat in U’khand
Dehra Dun: Mahendra Singh Mahra, a close
confidante of rebel Congress leader Harish Rawat, on Monday filed
his nomination papers for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in
Uttarakhand amid a persisting deadlock in the state unit of
BJP too tried to exploit the fluid political situation by
filing nominations of its two leaders Anil Goyal and Naresh
Bansal making the contest interesting.
However, 11 rebel Congress MLAs supporting Rawat did not
turn up at the Vidhan Sabha, despite a directive by PCC chief
Yashpal Arya, who wanted all the MLAs to remain present in the
Earlier in the day, three more Congress MLAs took oath
giving respite to beleaguered Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna,
who is still struggling to expand his cabinet and face
confidence vote as well as elect a new speaker.
The three Congress MLAs who took oath in the chamber of
protem speaker Shailendra Mohan Singhal include senior party
leader Indira Hridayesh (Haldwani), Madan Singh Bist
(Dwarahaat) and Ganesh Godiyal (Srinagar).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list