Major share of Mela fund for temporary works
Haridwar: The Uttarakhand government will
release Rs 324 crore for taking up temporary works for next
year`s Maha Kumbh Mela here.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
after inaugurating `Haridwar Mahotsav` here, said 75 per cent
of the total allocation of Rs 440 crore would be spent on
Facilities like water, accommodation would be taken up
under temporary projects, while roads would be laid and
flyovers constructed under permanent works.
The Supreme Court has given clearance for a bypass at
Haridwar which would decongest the area during the Mela, he
The Mela is scheduled to start on January 14 on `Makar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31