Man gets life imprisonment for killing wife
Dehradun: A local court in Uttarakhand has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing his wife for dowry six years ago.
Pauri District and Sessions Judge Kumkum Rani sentenced Vinod Kumar to life in prison as he pleaded guilty for killing his wife in a fit of rage after a quarrel with her for dowry in October 2007.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on him.
The body of Vinod`s wife Lakshmi, who had gone missing after the tiff with her husband, was recovered from the banks of the Ganga a few days after the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves