Man gets life imprisonment for killing wife
Dehradun: A local court in Uttarakhand has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing his wife for dowry six years ago.
Pauri District and Sessions Judge Kumkum Rani sentenced Vinod Kumar to life in prison as he pleaded guilty for killing his wife in a fit of rage after a quarrel with her for dowry in October 2007.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on him.
The body of Vinod`s wife Lakshmi, who had gone missing after the tiff with her husband, was recovered from the banks of the Ganga a few days after the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal