Man gets life imprisonment for killing wife
Dehradun: A local court in Uttarakhand has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing his wife for dowry six years ago.
Pauri District and Sessions Judge Kumkum Rani sentenced Vinod Kumar to life in prison as he pleaded guilty for killing his wife in a fit of rage after a quarrel with her for dowry in October 2007.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on him.
The body of Vinod`s wife Lakshmi, who had gone missing after the tiff with her husband, was recovered from the banks of the Ganga a few days after the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read