Man gets life imprisonment for killing wife
Dehradun: A local court in Uttarakhand has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing his wife for dowry six years ago.
Pauri District and Sessions Judge Kumkum Rani sentenced Vinod Kumar to life in prison as he pleaded guilty for killing his wife in a fit of rage after a quarrel with her for dowry in October 2007.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on him.
The body of Vinod`s wife Lakshmi, who had gone missing after the tiff with her husband, was recovered from the banks of the Ganga a few days after the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre