Man gets lifer for killing woman
Dehradun: A local here has sentenced a man
to life imprisonment for murdering a woman and injuring her
daughter five years ago.
According to the prosecution, the Fast Track Court (IV)
yesterday awarded life sentence to Janardan Tiwari for
stabbing Nirmala Chandana to death and injuring her daughter
Abhilasha in February 2005. The court also slapped a fine of
Rs 10,000 on him.
Tiwari, who was an auto driver and a neighbour of the
victim, killed Nirmala when she resisted his attempt to commit
robbery and stabbed Abhilasha when she came forward to save
her mother, the prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims