Man gets lifer for killing woman
Dehradun: A local here has sentenced a man
to life imprisonment for murdering a woman and injuring her
daughter five years ago.
According to the prosecution, the Fast Track Court (IV)
yesterday awarded life sentence to Janardan Tiwari for
stabbing Nirmala Chandana to death and injuring her daughter
Abhilasha in February 2005. The court also slapped a fine of
Rs 10,000 on him.
Tiwari, who was an auto driver and a neighbour of the
victim, killed Nirmala when she resisted his attempt to commit
robbery and stabbed Abhilasha when she came forward to save
her mother, the prosecution said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan