Man gets lifer for killing woman
Dehradun: A local here has sentenced a man
to life imprisonment for murdering a woman and injuring her
daughter five years ago.
According to the prosecution, the Fast Track Court (IV)
yesterday awarded life sentence to Janardan Tiwari for
stabbing Nirmala Chandana to death and injuring her daughter
Abhilasha in February 2005. The court also slapped a fine of
Rs 10,000 on him.
Tiwari, who was an auto driver and a neighbour of the
victim, killed Nirmala when she resisted his attempt to commit
robbery and stabbed Abhilasha when she came forward to save
her mother, the prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31