Man gets seven-year jail term for raping minor
Dehradun: A local court in Kashipur has sentenced a man to seven years in prison for raping a minor in 2012.
Additional District and Sessions judge Arvind Kumar yesterday sentenced Manish Saini to seven years imprisonment after finding him guilty of abducting the minor girl from her school and raping her in October last year.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Saini, a native of Moradabad.
A police complaint had been lodged in this connection by the victim`s mother on October 29 and the medical examination of the girl had confirmed rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!