Man gets seven-year jail term for raping minor
Dehradun: A local court in Kashipur has sentenced a man to seven years in prison for raping a minor in 2012.
Additional District and Sessions judge Arvind Kumar yesterday sentenced Manish Saini to seven years imprisonment after finding him guilty of abducting the minor girl from her school and raping her in October last year.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Saini, a native of Moradabad.
A police complaint had been lodged in this connection by the victim`s mother on October 29 and the medical examination of the girl had confirmed rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested