Man gets seven-year jail term for raping minor
Dehradun: A local court in Kashipur has sentenced a man to seven years in prison for raping a minor in 2012.
Additional District and Sessions judge Arvind Kumar yesterday sentenced Manish Saini to seven years imprisonment after finding him guilty of abducting the minor girl from her school and raping her in October last year.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Saini, a native of Moradabad.
A police complaint had been lodged in this connection by the victim`s mother on October 29 and the medical examination of the girl had confirmed rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok