Man held with unaccounted cash in Uttarakhand
Kotdwar (UKD): A man was held in Pauri with unaccounted Rs seven lakh in cash with authorities suspecting that the money was being taken to influence voters.
Mohammad Saleem was held by a vigilance team of the Election Commission when he was found carrying Rs seven lakh in a bag and did not give a satisfactory answer when asked where he was taking the money, Assistant Returning Officer PL Shah said.
Officials believe that the money withdrawn from the State Bank of India was being taken to influence voters in the constituency, he said.
The amount has been seized and the man is being interrogated, Shah said.
Saleem has been asked to produce a satisfactory explanation for the withdrawal of such a large sum in cash within 48 hours. If Saleem gives satisfactory explanation?for the withdrawal of money, he will be returned the money, otherwise money will be credited to the government of Uttarakhand account," Shah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj
- Raghuram Rajan's reappointment as RBI Governor should not be of media's interest: PM Modi
- Can a car headrest be a rescue tool in emergency?
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan
- New Zealand plan first day-night Test against England in 2018