Man killed 12-yr-old boy; gets capital punishment
Dehra Dun: A local court has awarded
capital punishment to a man for kidnapping and killing a
12-year-old boy to take revenge from his contractor father
three years ago.
While holding Ganesh Sahu guilty of the "heinous"
crime yesterday, Dehra Dun Additional Sessions Judge Sahdev
Singh also slapped a fine of Rs 1.10 lakh on him,
government counsel Jaya Thakur said adding that the fine taken
from Sahu would be given to child welfare fund.
Nitesh Kumar (12) had suddenly disappeared from
outside his house on May 27, 2008 following which his father
Ramratan had lodged a complaint.
Next day, Ramratan had received an extortion call of
Rs 5 lakh. When the police put the mobile number on electronic
surveillance, it revealed that the caller was Sahu, a worker
of Ramratan, the prosecution said.
After being arrested, Sahu had told interrogators that
he wanted to take revenge from Ramratan as he did not
make him the payment for work and instead abused him.
Since Sahu was friendly to Nitesh, he took him along
and later slit his throat. He threw his body in the jungles of
Sahu said he had made the extortion call to divert the
attention of the police.
Both Ramratan and Sahu are residents of Sitamarhi
district of Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption
- Naqvi launches websites for Ministry of Minority Affairs