Man kills wife, hides body in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man allegedly killed his wife after a fight with her in Jaunpur area of Tehri district and hid her body underground.
However, the matter came to light yesterday, about a month after the incident, when Surendra Singh Panwar`s in-laws enquired him about the sudden disappearance of his wife and reported the matter to police when they did not get a satisfactory reply from him, police sources said here on Monday.
35-year-old Panwar was arrested from Ringalgarh village in the district and has confessed his crime during interrogation, they said.
He also told the police that his brother Ravindra helped him hide the body of his wife underground after the incident.
Ravindra has also been arrested and the brothers have been booked under different sections of the IPC, they said.
The body of Panwar`s wife Roopa, a mother of three, and the equipment used to bury her have been recovered, the sources said.
After killing his wife, Panwar had told villagers that she had suddenly gone somewhere without telling him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'