Man kills wife, son, commits suicide in Dehra Dun
Dehra Dun: In a grisly incident, a man killed his wife and minor son before committing suicide by setting himself on fire on Saturday, police said.
Rajesh Gulati (32), a vikram driver, who received 90 per cent burn injuries, died in the Coronation government hospital hours after the incident.
In his police statement, Gulati said he had an argument with his wife Monika (24) at his Panditwari residence here following which he strangulated her and their three-year-old son Rishi and set them on fire. After that he tried to commit suicide by setting himself ablaze, they said.
While Gulati`s wife and son died on the spot, he was rushed to the hospital.
Further investigations are on, police added.
Incidentally, another Rajesh Gulati, an engineer, had murdered his wife Anupama and cut her bodies into pieces in 2010 here, an incident which had rocked Uttarakhand. Gulati had kept the body pieces in a deep freezer for nearly two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote