Man kills wife, son, commits suicide in Dehra Dun
Dehra Dun: In a grisly incident, a man killed his wife and minor son before committing suicide by setting himself on fire on Saturday, police said.
Rajesh Gulati (32), a vikram driver, who received 90 per cent burn injuries, died in the Coronation government hospital hours after the incident.
In his police statement, Gulati said he had an argument with his wife Monika (24) at his Panditwari residence here following which he strangulated her and their three-year-old son Rishi and set them on fire. After that he tried to commit suicide by setting himself ablaze, they said.
While Gulati`s wife and son died on the spot, he was rushed to the hospital.
Further investigations are on, police added.
Incidentally, another Rajesh Gulati, an engineer, had murdered his wife Anupama and cut her bodies into pieces in 2010 here, an incident which had rocked Uttarakhand. Gulati had kept the body pieces in a deep freezer for nearly two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!