Man kills wife, son, commits suicide in Dehra Dun
Dehra Dun: In a grisly incident, a man killed his wife and minor son before committing suicide by setting himself on fire on Saturday, police said.
Rajesh Gulati (32), a vikram driver, who received 90 per cent burn injuries, died in the Coronation government hospital hours after the incident.
In his police statement, Gulati said he had an argument with his wife Monika (24) at his Panditwari residence here following which he strangulated her and their three-year-old son Rishi and set them on fire. After that he tried to commit suicide by setting himself ablaze, they said.
While Gulati`s wife and son died on the spot, he was rushed to the hospital.
Further investigations are on, police added.
Incidentally, another Rajesh Gulati, an engineer, had murdered his wife Anupama and cut her bodies into pieces in 2010 here, an incident which had rocked Uttarakhand. Gulati had kept the body pieces in a deep freezer for nearly two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj