Man trampled to death by elephant in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was trampled to death by an elephant at Pualkhera village in Champawat district triggering protest by locals in the area, police said today.
45-year-old Prakashan Pandey was trampled to death by an elephant when he was returning from a party on foot, they said.
The incident led to a protest by locals who blocked Tanakpur-Purnagiri road for five hours alleging that the forest department was doing nothing to stop the movement of elephants in residential areas, they said.
Traffic was restored along the route after intervention by the district administration, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?