Man trampled to death by elephant in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was trampled to death by an elephant at Pualkhera village in Champawat district triggering protest by locals in the area, police said today.
45-year-old Prakashan Pandey was trampled to death by an elephant when he was returning from a party on foot, they said.
The incident led to a protest by locals who blocked Tanakpur-Purnagiri road for five hours alleging that the forest department was doing nothing to stop the movement of elephants in residential areas, they said.
Traffic was restored along the route after intervention by the district administration, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...