Man trampled to death by elephant in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was trampled to death by an elephant at Pualkhera village in Champawat district triggering protest by locals in the area, police said today.
45-year-old Prakashan Pandey was trampled to death by an elephant when he was returning from a party on foot, they said.
The incident led to a protest by locals who blocked Tanakpur-Purnagiri road for five hours alleging that the forest department was doing nothing to stop the movement of elephants in residential areas, they said.
Traffic was restored along the route after intervention by the district administration, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video