Man trampled to death by elephant in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was trampled to death by an elephant at Pualkhera village in Champawat district triggering protest by locals in the area, police said today.
45-year-old Prakashan Pandey was trampled to death by an elephant when he was returning from a party on foot, they said.
The incident led to a protest by locals who blocked Tanakpur-Purnagiri road for five hours alleging that the forest department was doing nothing to stop the movement of elephants in residential areas, they said.
Traffic was restored along the route after intervention by the district administration, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'