Man trampled to death by elephant in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A man was trampled to death by an elephant at Pualkhera village in Champawat district triggering protest by locals in the area, police said today.
45-year-old Prakashan Pandey was trampled to death by an elephant when he was returning from a party on foot, they said.
The incident led to a protest by locals who blocked Tanakpur-Purnagiri road for five hours alleging that the forest department was doing nothing to stop the movement of elephants in residential areas, they said.
Traffic was restored along the route after intervention by the district administration, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days